Green Task Force
Incorporate environmental conservation and sustainable practices into the daily operations of foodservice establishments.
The Task Force is focused on educating and promoting change with the result of increasing energy efficiency, incorporating recycling and the use of natural, non-toxic cleaning & sanitation supplies into foodservice establishments, and reducing the use of chemical products.
- Research: Identify the specific roadblocks to incorporating environmentally responsible practices into the foodservice industry. Evaluate the successful programs of current green restaurants and design plans to implement their application.
- Education: Create presentations for restaurant owners and staff, chefs, and foodservice partners about how to create a healthy, sustainable work environment. Topics include replacing old dishwashers, walk-in refrigerators and freezers with more efficient appliances, and installing energy saving lighting. Also, encouraging the following at work: recycling, composting, and using recycled materials and non-toxic cleaning and sanitation supplies.
- Political Advocacy: Identify foodservice partners and advisors to actively pursue legislation regarding subsidies and tax rebates for pre-approved equipment based on the requirements and budgets of the foodservice industry.
Georgia Producers’ Task Force
Increase the supply of local and sustainable products available to the Georgia foodservice industry through efficient and fluid distribution channels.
The Task Force is focused on educating and promoting legislative change with the result of increasing supply and reducing the frustration restaurants and chefs experience while procuring locally grown organic and sustainable products.
- Research: Identify the specific roadblocks to increasing supply. Categorize roadblocks as economic, regulatory or legislative. Evaluate successful programs other states have implemented to address supply and distribution.
- Education: Familiarize the public, key legislators, and partners about the positive impact of supporting Georgia’s organic/sustainable farmers and the chefs who are their customers.
- Political Advocacy: Identify partners and advisors and prioritize feasible programs based on Georgia’s foodservice industry demand and program costs.